Code, my work and side projects.
Hi, my name is Michal.
I’m an mobile and web developer living in Barcelona, Spain. I’m also an amateur collector of mechanical watches so you will find some horological content in here.
Currently, I’m working on an iOS/macOS application for watch collectors called Watch Case. You can read about it throughout this blog.
I’m also a freelance web/mobile developer with more than 10 years of experience working with WordPress and iOS. Feel free to reach out about a potential project, your collection of mechanical watches or if you just want to say hi.
I build WordPress themes for individual clients wanting to improve their online presence or in a collaboration with design houses and their design teams.
Watch case is an iOS/macOS app for managing collections of mechanical watches. It allows the user to enter all sorts of interesting data about their watches such as measurements, photos, servicing information and more. It works on all Apple platforms which makes the experience smooth and fun.
Vorto is a language learning app for those who read news in foreign languages. It allows you to highlight phrases you’re unfamiliar with and add it to your library for later study. It works as a web app build on React.
Micro Blog Feed Importer
MBFI is a small WordPress plugin that allows the user to include their Micro.Blog timeline on their WordPress sites. You can find it on the WordPress.org plugins repository.
Recent and past iOS projects
Updates and side projects
- My blogging plansOver the last few years, I didn’t really have a clear division for the content I would like to feature over here and on the watchcase.app website. Since the app is almost ready and there is a lot I would like to share, I keep catching myself wanting to write programming blog posts on the Watch Case landing page and blog about watches over here. And as much as I don’t mind… Continue reading My blogging plans
- Seiko SCVE005Seiko Spirit SCVE005 is one of my first ‘serious’ watch purchases. I just found an old blog post where I describe the watch… https://wp.me/pbsKdT-1y
- Watch Case has a new landing page.It took me some time to work on but it is finally ready. Watch Case has a new landing page that describes all of the main features of the app. The download links are still dead… but I’m hoping to turn on test flight as soon as the app goes through an approval process. Front Page
- Nine new icon designsWatch Case has a new set of icons for you to chose from. I really didn’t want to end up with a generic blue icon that most of the new products offer.
- Where is Watch Case?Happy New Year everyone! I’m glad 2020 is finally over. Now, lets work towards better 2021! Over the last few weeks my main focus was to bring Watch Case to the App Store. So why it is not there yet you might ask. Good question… It’s because I’ve realized there is a bit more work that needs to be done. So in fact, I did underestimate the last 10% before the app… Continue reading Where is Watch Case?
- Dark and light themeToday I was finalizing color palette for the upcoming release of Watch Case. Im especially happy with the dark colors. Light theme might need some tweaking, but I like the direction…
- How it started and how is it going.Watch Case will have a new logo. A single watch will be replaced by a stack of watches. More details soon….
- An unexpected serviceI bought a watch I was hunting for for months. It’s Seiko snzh53 and I found it used on eBay. once it arrived, I’ve noticed that the day/date setting didn’t work. I contacted the seller and he agreed to give me a partial refund so I could fix it. And I did 😉 I’m nowhere to the quality and knowledge of a professional, but having some spare parts I decided to open… Continue reading An unexpected service
- UntitledSummer isn’t over yet 😉
- UntitledDoes it really need any more explanation?